When an invoice is generated Cobot will:
- Send an email with the .pdf of the invoice to the member (if the member has an email address on file).
- Try to charge the payment method on file.
- Mark it as paid if the automated payment went through correctly.
- Notify the member by email if it failed.
- Try to charge the member two additional times (on consecutive days).
- Notify the admin and member if it failed a third time, and stop auto-charging.
If you want to be notified for the first and second time the payment has failed, turn on additional notifications. You can do this by adding the free 'Notifications' add-on under Add-ons » Notifications » Install Add-on.