What does Cobot's integration with Slack offer?
Cobot's Slack chat add-on connects your space’s Cobot account with your slack.com account. This means that new members who are added through Cobot will automatically be invited to join your Slack channel, so you don't have to add them manually.
Now that they have been added to your Slack channel, you have a communication point for everyone in your space to:
- Talk about what is happening in the space
- Post events
- Welcome new members
- Announce packages delivered to the space
How to get started
- Go to the Slack chat add-on.
- Select your space (if you have multiple spaces registered in Cobot).
- Input your Slack team token from the following link: https://api.slack.com/custom-integrations/legacy-tokens.
When you click on the 'api.slack.com' link, you will see a notice from Slack that using legacy tokens is not recommeneded. Please follow the steps outlined anyway as we do not yet support their new system.
- Put in the Slack team URL from your space.
- Select the Invite Existing Members checkbox if you want to also bring in existing members.
- Add your team.
Now all new (and existing) members will automatically be invited to join your Slack channel!
- Cancelling a member from your Cobot account will not automatically remove access to your Slack channel, you will need to do this manually from Slack.
We highly recommend using our MailChimp integration for email communication with your members.