Syncing with Google Calendar
We've built an add-on that takes care of synchronizing your Cobot booking calendar with Google Calendar. It's called Google Calendar Sync.
Some important things to note:
- Each resource needs a separate sync (one resource = one calendar on google). Please note that your Google Calendar must be named exactly the same as it is in Cobot. For example: if the resource is called 'Boardroom #1' in Cobot, you cannot name it 'Board Room Number One' in the Google Calendar.
- Any bookings already existing within Cobot will not sync to your Google Calendar, only what's added from the time you set up the sync will populate; these will sync almost instantly.
- All existing bookings in your Google Calendar will be pulled over to Cobot, so please be sure to set up a new Google Calendar prior to connecting.
- Bookings made from Google to Cobot can take up to 5 minutes to populate and the same is true when deleting bookings.
- Recurring bookings in Google: Cobot only syncs the first event as we do not currently support recurring bookings. If you wish to have recurring bookings within Cobot, please let us know and we will populate them on your Cobot Calendar. You will then need to manually set these up within your Google Calendar.
Syncing with other apps
We offer iCal feeds to which you can subscribe with calendar apps such as the one on your phone or computer.
First you'll need the URL of the booking calendar feed. You can find it by going to Bookings » Booking Calendar, then clicking the iCal button. In the popup that opens, copy the URL to the clipboard. Then go to your app to subscribe to the feed from there.
Syncing the Events Calendar
You can also sync the events calendar, either as a feed of all events, or only the events that you are registered for as a member. Simply click the calendar page icon to the right of the page title.
Syncing with LiquidSpace
In order to synchronize your LiquidSpace calendar with Cobot, you have to set up your LiquidSpace calendar to synchronize with Google Calendar. After that you can use our Google Calendar Sync add-on.
Unfortunately, as the Cobot Calendar does not currently support recurring bookings, recurring events will not be synchronized from Google Calendar or LiquidSpace. If you wish to have recurring bookings within Cobot, please let us know and we will populate them on your Cobot calendar. You will then need to manually set these up within your Google or LiquidSpace calendars.
Let's jump to the help desk!