Setting up resources
You can use Cobot to manage your coworking space's resources, such as meeting rooms, equipment or even desks. After you've entered the available resources, you and your coworkers will have access to them in the booking calendar, through which resources can be booked by the hour. In addition, Cobot then automatically charges coworkers for the resources they use on a monthly basis.
To add resources, click on Bookings in the sidebar menu on the left.
Here, you can set up a resource by clicking on Resources, then the Add Resource button on the right, which brings you to the following form:
In this form, pay attention to the following:
- If you set an hourly rate for the resource, members will automatically be invoiced for their use at the end of each month. Please note: lower rates and included hours can be set up in membership plans as booking credits.
- No. of units refers to how many you have of each resource. For instance, of a specific meeting room there will only be 1 available at a time, but you might have 15 desks or lockers available, which can then be booked by 15 different people at the same time.
- By default, members can see who booked what resource and all details related. In order to enable the privacy setting, go to Booking Settings and check the box by "Hide booking details from other members."
After you have added a resource, it can immediately be booked through the booking calendar. For more on the booking calendar, see our guide on booking resources.
Organizing resources in categories
To make it easier to view the different resources in your space, you can organize them into categories. Then you and your members can toggle the views on and off, and the calendar is visually simpler.
To get organize your resources go to:
- Bookings > Resource Categories
- Click the "Add Category" button to add different categories. These can be floors of your building, types of resources, or really anything!
- When you have all your categories, click on the name of one to fill it with resources. Note: You can have resources in multiple categories.
- Now go to Bookings > Booking Calendar to make sure it displays how you want.
If you make new resources without assigning them to a category, they will be added to your calendar in a category called default.
Importing or exporting the booking calendar
To import other calendars, you can make use of our Sync App. You can also export the calendar using the feeds we provide. Read more...
If you want your members to pay for resources in advance, use booking passes.
If you are just booking per use, then you can just start booking rooms.